in

From Postponed Filming To Self-Quarantine – The Entertainment Industry Is Facing the Aftermath of COVID-19

The spread of COVID-19 has put the entertainment industry on alert. With two staff of Chung Ha, who recently returned from Milan Fashion Week, being confirmed with COVID-19, and the production staff of a drama showing symptoms of COVID-19, anxiety is spreading that the entertainment industry might face “All Stop Phobia.” There was even a case of a ballet dancer who was traveled Japan despite being told to go under self-quarantine.

89179179_508286769830143_386997495630135296_o
Credit: MNH 엔터테인먼트

Two of Chung Ha’s staff, including the stylist, were confirmed with COVID-19 after attending a fashion show in Milan, Italy, last month. According to Chung Ha’s agency, Chung Ha and all staff who accompanied her were tested negative but as a preventive measure, all of them, including Chung Ha, are now in self-quarantine.

Hwang Minhyun of NU’EST, who also attended Milan Fashion Week, had a hard time as the rumors of him being infected with the virus surfaced. However, Hwang Minhyun and other staff members were all tested negative.

View this post on Instagram

ᵂᴼᴺᴰᴱᴿᴸᴬᴺᴰ #LiuYe

A post shared by 한예슬 (@han_ye_seul_) on

Han Ye Seul, Park Min Young, IU, Song Hye Kyo and a makeup artist Jung Saem Mool attended Milian Fashion Week in Italy from February 19 to 24. As concerns about their health grew, each of them came out to reassure about their health. An official of Han Ye Seul’s agency said, “Everyone, including Han Ye Sul and her staff, currently shows no signs of COVID-19 symptoms. However, if we see a single problem, we’ll have the tests right away.”

Park Min Young, who is currently starring in JTBC Monday-Tuesday drama, When the Weather Is Fine, has stopped filming. An official from the actor’s agency told Newsen that the actor never overlapped in the plane, hotel, route or staff of the COVID-19 confirmed people. He also added that “we have already inquired the health center for a preemptive action and was told to keep on eye on how things proceed as we’re not considered subjects for inspection. As of now, there are no problems, but to prevent any contingency, the actor will hold filming for this week.”

D3B8FSIK6G1EUN9QOUCI
Credit: tvN

Hospital Playlist, upcoming tvN drama, has stopped filming to watch the situation of COVID-19. An official from the drama stated that they are currently “taking a break as a precaution. The first episode will air on March 12 as planned.” Channel A’s new drama, Unique! Chef Moon, has postponed its premiere from March 6 to 27. As the spread of COVID-19 continues, the production team is trying to minimize the filming for safety. tvN’s Hi Bye, Mama has briefly stopped its filming after a staff member showed suspicious symptoms on March 1, but resumed after he was tested negative.

The entertainment shows/programs hit a rocky patch as well. TV Chosun’s Mr Trot held their final match on March 2 with no audience, and Mnet’s I Can See Your Voice: Season 7, Channel A’s I’m Moemshin and tvN’s Comedy Big League are recording without any audience as well. Also, KBS’s National Singing Contest and JTBC’s Let’s Eat Dinner Together have cancelled their filming schedules.

Meanwhile, the fact that a ballet dancer Na Dae Han, a member of the National Ballet Company, has recently traveled Japan despite being told to be in self-quarantine was revealed. Previously, Na Dae Han drew attention by appearing on Mnet’s Somebody and developing into an actual couple.

The National Ballet Company performed the Swan Lake at the Daegu Opera House on February 14 and 15, but after COVID-19 was widely spread around Daegu region, they were all advised to go under self-quarantine for two weeks. However, after all the performances were cancelled, Na Hae Han posted a photo of himself traveling Japan with his girlfriend, causing a stir. Currently, Na Dae Han closed his Instagram account and the National Ballet Company stated that they will “take stern measures after going through internal procedures” by posting an apology letter in its official SNS account.

Source (1, 2, 3)

What do you think?

Director Choi Dong Hoon Chooses the Working Title for His New Film as ‘Extraterrestrial’

Hyun Bin Silently Donates KRW 200 Million for COVID-19 Relief Efforts