Kim Min Jung Files for Provisional Attachment Order Against WIP Entertainment

Kim Min Jung agency
Kim Min Jung agency
Credit: WIP Entertainment

Kim Min Jung has been in dispute with her agency WIP Entertainment over her exclusive contract. And today, she filed for provisional attachment of 80 million KRW (about $68,015) against the company.

According to the exclusive report by Sports Kyunghyang on the 17th, Kim recently filed for provisional attachment of $68,015, and the court accepted it.

Sports Kyunghyang first reported the dispute between Kim and WIP earlier. Kim claimed that her contract was terminated in March and that the contract renewal fell through. However, WIP is stating that since they’ve been managing her throughout The Devil Judge filming, the contract was automatically renewed.

Kim Min Jung agency
Credit: tvN

In addition, Kim revealed that she still hasn’t received the appearance fee for The Devil Judge. In response, WIP countered, “80% if the performance fee has been paid. We will pay the remaining 20% after we calculate it according to her contract.”

However, Kim still wasn’t paid the remaining 20%, hence the decision to file for provisional attachment. Kim’s legal representative stated, “Two months have passed since the deadline for WIP to pay money according to the contract. The reason for not paying is to deduct the expenses first. But that’s a violation of the contract.”

On the 11th, WIP submitted an application for dispute mediation to the Korea Entertainment Management Association. Regarding the ongoing dispute, WIP shared, “It’s very unfortunate. We will follow the decision by the Korea Entertainment Management Association so as not to harm The Devil Judge.”


Source (1)

Translator Kim Hoyeun: If you are a fan of K-drama, K-movie, and K-pop, I am your guy. I will continue to provide you with up-to-date K-entertainment news. �

Leave your vote

186 Points
Related Posts

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.