BTS was honored with the first grand prize of the 2022 MAMA.
On the 29th, 2022 MAMA hosted the first day of its award ceremony at Osaka’s Kyocera Dome, with Jeon Somi serving as the host. CJ ENM rebranded the Mnet Asian Music Awards as the MAMA Awards, putting the increasing K-pop influence that’s going beyond the Asian market into consideration. The second day of the event, to be held on the 30th, will be hosted by Park Bo Gum.
The first out of the four grand prizes – Worldwide Icon of the Year – went to BTS. Since BTS wasn’t at the scene, presenter Park Bo Gum added, “J-Hope will be performing here tomorrow. I’ll make sure to deliver this trophy to him then.”
Below is the full list of winners on the Day 1 of 2022 MAMA.
- Worldwide Icon of the Year: BTS
- Worldwide Fans’ Choice (Bonsang): BLACKPINK, BTS, ENHYPEN, GOT7, NCT DREAM, PSY, SEVENTEEN, Stray Kids, TREASURE, TXT
- Favorite New Artist: IVE, LE SSERAFIM, NMIXX, Kep1er
- Yogibo Chill Artist: Stray Kids
- Favorite Asian Artist: JO1