Tank continues to assert that Oh My Girl’s Seunghee “toyed with” him. But WM Entertainment confirms that they have filed a lawsuit against him.
Rapper and producer Tank continues to attack Oh My Girl’s Seunghee. And today, WM Entertainment released a new statement and confirmed legal action against him.
Since he first released his diss track “Suni,” Tank continued to post several videos about Seunghee on his YouTube channel.
And in one of them, he listed “unconfirmed” remarks that Seunghee supposedly said to him. He then added, “There are so many things you said to me. Leave the team now, move back to your hometown, and sell Dak-galbi. You don’t have much time left. You can’t sue me, and even if you did, you can’t win.”
Then on the 24th, he posted two new videos titled “Good Bye Message from TANK.” In it, he hinted at possible suicide, shocking the viewers. He said, “I can’t live my life after I’m falsely accused as a stalker. One of the malicious comments told me ‘to pretend to die,” and I’m really going to do it.”
Later in the day, he posted another video that shows his past conversations with Seunghee. According to the video, these are some of the messages he received: “Don’t forget to grab your birthday gift on top of the refrigerator,” “I won’t forget you. So don’t you dare forget me,” and “Thank you so much. And if you love me that much, then be successful and mention my name in your acceptance speech.”
On the 25th, Sunghee’s agency WM Entertainment released another statement.
“Hello, this is WM Entertainment.
We would like to share with everyone our final position regarding rapper Tank, who continues to circulate malicious false rumors.
1. As stated in the previous notice, Seunghee and Tank only had a senior and junior relationship as they attended the same school. After receiving a phone call that Tank might attempt to take his own life, Seunghee sought out help for the rapper with a good heart. However, the rapper continued to oppress Seunghee by threatening to take his own life if she does not reciprocate his feelings. Our position that Seunghee is a victim remains unchanged.
Seunghee continued to contact her senior and worried about his safety despite her busy schedule. However, Tank did not stop distorting the truth and continued to spread false rumors. We have found multiple instances he had shared malicious false information on his social media.
2. We collected evidence related to his threats and harassment to file a complaint. We have officially filed a complaint of defamation, spreading of false information, threat, and harassment with a legal representative on March 12.
In the process of preparing the lawsuit, we have confirmed that Tank’s home address he revealed on social media was different from the one we had on file. In order to send him the certification of contents, we went to his home, but he refused to open the door. Hence, we were only able to deliver the certificate.
3. Contrary to Tank’s claims, we did not give him any suggestion or appeasement. Also, our stance that we will be taking strict legal action against all his claims still remains unchanged. It is still unpleasant that the rapper continued to mention our artists in his absurd claims. The rapper can report to the police if he feels there is anything unfair to him. Still, he continues to spread false information on social media and through YouTube.
4.In one of his messages to Seunghee in the past, he wrote, “If I die, then reveal the Kakao messages I sent you to defend yourself. The world will either see me as someone who took his own life because he loved one woman. The media will forever remember you as someone who killed me.” He continued to threaten to take his own life. Hence, we were being careful. However, Tank continues to bring shock to the public by uploading videos alluding to suicide. Therefore, we decided that we cannot overlook his actions that are causing discomfort to many people as well as our artists.
5. We will not directly communicate with the perpetrator any longer because he continues to distribute false information to use in his favor. We will be holding him legally responsible for all his actions. Our company will continue our best to protect our artists from such indiscriminate harassment to prevent further damage.
6. Despite this current situation, Seunghee is doing her best to prepare for promotions for everyone who cares about her. WM Entertainment is also focusing on preparing an album for the group.
We would like to apologize to everyone for causing such a concern. We ask for your understanding. We apologize for the delayed response. We want to be careful and be thoughtful since it involves another person’s precious life.”